Thursday, February 2, 2017

Not-a-Challenge Complete: Vintage Science Fiction Month

Vintage SF badge

From Redhead at Little Red Reviewer:

Welcome to the Vintage Science Fiction not-a-challenge!  Through out the month of January, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016,, 2017 I will be reading and discussing as much “older than I am” science fiction and fantasy that I can, and everyone is invited to join me!  We’ll be talking about time travel, laser guns, early robotics, first contact, swords and sorcery, predictions for humanity and the authors who came up with it all. Haphazardly, the defining year for “vintage” is 1979.  The only “rule” for this not-a-challenge is that your blog post must be during the month of January. To see previous posts about Vintage Science Fiction Month, just type “Vintage” into the little search box-thing.
 

Every January I make time for both the Vintage Science Fiction not-a-challenge and Carl's Sci-Fi Experience. I like dedicating a little bit of my mystery-dominated time to reading some good science fiction. I joined up for four science fiction books in January.

Here's what I read:
1. The Silent Invaders by Robert Silverberg (1/7/17)   
2. Battle on Venus by William F. Temple (1/7/17) 
3. The Hidden Planet by Donald A. Wollheim, ed (1/9/17) 
4. Metamorphosis by Gene L. Coon (1/16/17) 
5. I Have No Mouth & I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison (1/24/17)

1 comment:

LuAnn @ BackPorchervations said...

Yeah, Bev, you ROCK...and I'm a wee bit jealous that you have finished TWO challenges already! :O)