Tuesday, May 1, 2012

April Wrapup & Pick of the Month

This year I will be combining my monthly wrap-up post with Kerrie's Crime Fiction Pick of the Month over at Mysteries in Paradise.



My April totals are a bit down from last month, but still looking good. And Goodreads says I'm "on track."  Here we go...

Total Books Read: 20
Total Pages:  5,271
Percentage by Female Authors:  40%

Percentage by US Authors:  55%

Percentage by non-US/non-British Authors:  15%
Percentage Mystery: 80%
Percentage Fiction: 95%
Percentage written 2000+: 30%
Percentage of Rereads: 10%
Percentage Read for Challenges: 100% {It's eas
y to have every book count for a challenge when you sign up for as many as I do.} Number of Challenges fulfilled so far: 6 (19%)




AND, as mentioned above, Kerrie is sponsoring a meme for those of us who track our reading. What she's looking for is our Top Mystery Read for each month.  This month I read 15 books that I'm counting as mysteries and, of those, I handed out one five-star rating and three four-star ratings.  The five-star winner is Titanic 2001 by Bill Walker.  An enthralling story set on a rebuilt Titanic--launched on the 100th anniversary of the original ill-fated voyage.  The runners-up are The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett, The Bat by Mary Roberts Rinehart, and Swan Song by Edmund Crispin (a reread).




3 comments:

fredamans said...

Happy May reading!

Kerrie said...

Thanks for participating in pick of the Month Bev

Red said...

Great stats(as usual) You've already finished 6 challenges? Incredible!