Friday, December 23, 2011

More We Give Books


So, I'm getting hooked on this read children's books and donate a book idea. Just finished The Three Snow Bears by Jan Brett. This is a marvelously illustrated retelling of the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears. Brett's version features Alooki, a dark-haired Inuit girl. When she loses her dog team and sled on an ice floe, she comes across the igloo home of the polar bear family--adventures follow as expected. But the new twist and the beautiful drawings make the classic story fresh as the newly fallen snow. Lovely children's story.

And chalk up another for nostalgia...Beatrix Potter's The Tale of Peter Rabbit. I last read this one to my son (back when my 6-footer was a wee boy). I always enjoy the story of naughty Peter and his visit to Mr. McGregor's vegetable garden. Another book with delightful illustrations.

2 comments:

Sherrie said...

Hi Bev,
Haven't read this one. I'll have to check it out for my grandbabies. The Tale of Peter Rabbit is one of my all time favorites. Thanks for stopping by my place. Hope you and your family have a safe and happy holiday season.

Sherrie
Just Books

Miss Hillbilly said...

This looks good; thank you!