Saturday, December 17, 2011

2012 Science Fiction Experience


Just found out about this through Becky at
Becky's Book Reviews who saw that Carl had posted the sign-up today, and well, how could I resist? You know me...I can't resist. And, hey, I've already planned on doing some science fiction reading in the new year, so I won't be adding much to the ol' reading pile. (The Experience runs for two months: January 1, 2012-February 29, 2012). So go on and join us!

Possible Reading List:
1. My Name is Legion by Roger Zelazny (1/4/12)
2. Twenty-Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (2/14/12)
3. The First Men in the Moon by H. G. Wells (2/5/12)
4. The Future on Ice by Orson Scott Card (ed) 2/15/12)
5. Prayers to Broken Stones by Dan Simmons (1/14/12)
6. Murder & Magic by Randall Garrett (1/28/12)
7. The Masks of Time by Robert Silverberg (1/16/12)
8. The Jesus Incident by Frank Herbert & Bill Ransom (2/29/12)
9. Future Crime by Cynthia Mason & Charles Ardai, eds. (1/23/12)
10. The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells (1/9/12)
11. Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett (1/19/12)


7 comments:

Cath said...

That's a nice list! I'm hoping to do this too, just need to find a moment to do a quick post. I did it last year and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Debbie Rodgers said...

Bev, I'm not into Science Fiction, but it's so nice to see someone else who's (almost) addicted to challenges as I am! Keep 'em coming - we are going to have SO much fun next year :-)

redhead said...

Woohoo, some Frank Herbert! I love him! :D

The Cozy Mystery Journal said...

Scifi is my first love and I can't wait to see what you think of the books you're reading. Absolutely love Frank Herbert and I hope you enjoy The Jesus Incident!

Yvette said...

Now this one intrigues me, Bev. I don't read much science fiction but that's my own fault. If I join up with this one, I'll have an excuse...as if I needed one. :)

I'm waiting until the first of the year before I make any important decisions....like which Challenges to join. Ha!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

I'm so excited for this. It's not often that I read science fiction, so I'm looking forward to it. I just found that I have a copy of Journey to the Center of the Earth, so maybe that goes on my list as well!

You've got a great list, I may need to bookmark this to remember these titles!

Julia said...

Ah Randall Garrett. I love the Lord Darcy series. I have the omnibus volume with all his stories. I found the Vintage SF challenge, which will be an interesting challenge, compared to mystery. I have plenty of classic mystery writers on my shelf, but oddly not as many sf ones.