Friday, April 30, 2010

Thrills & Chills 2

You know...these stories are really pretty creepy. Maybe my mom was right to be worried about her 11-year old after all. I haven't quite finished the collection (4 more short stories), but almost to finish line. I think my favorite is "The Secret of the Bottle" by Gerald Kersh. It's a pretty interesting take on what could have happened in Ambrose Bierce's last days. There's also "Just a Dreamer" by Robert Arthur. What would happen if all your dreams quite literally came true? It certainly would make for some interesting times....

I also have the feeling that I've read some of these stories before in other collections: "Summer People" by Shirley Jackson and "An Invitation to the Hunt" by George Hitchcock being two of the most familiar. Didn't stop me from getting a brief case of the chills down the spine, though.


No comments: